1. JUICE BARS! You can find juice bars just about anywhere in Australia. Our favorite is a chain called “Boost.” I think we went to a juice bar at least once everyday, you can even find them in the airport. Not only are they DELICIOUS, but they are really healthy, too! Be sure to get the Mango Tango Crush or All Berry Bang…you won’t regret it. Visit Boost’s website
2. Bush and beach horse back riding...we rode horses at Ace Hi Ranch. Three things you should know: 1. You WILL be covered in dust if you go on the bush ride (wear sunglasses and bring a wash cloth, face wash, and a change of clothes if you are planning on going anywhere after the ride) and 2. You might get a super slow/obese horse if you have never ridden before (we did) and 3. You will probably be sore for at least three days. BUT the ride is worth it! The beach is amazing and the waves are gigantic! Visit Ace Hi’s website
3. Surfing!! You should do it. But you should know that you wont look as cool as you think. We got to wear these super stylish helmets and trendy over-sized wetsuits while surfing at Point Leo Beach!Visit East Coast Surf School’s website
4. Melbourne Zoo…This place is awesome, and if you are lucky you might even get to pet an escaped kangaroo. WE DID!
5. The Sydney Opera House! See it up close, go inside, walk around it and see every angle, see it from your hotel, and best of all, from the water.
6. Salted Caramel Gelato. The gelato we ate at Coogee beach was made by an Italian chef AND chosen by Oprah to be served at her party in the Sydney Opera House! Warning: If you try it once you will crave it everyday for the rest of your life. That’s a promise.
7. Shopping in downtown Melbourne… If you’re staying in a nearby town, away from the city, you can take the train into Melbourne! It’s affordable, especially on Sunday’s (it’s just $2 for an all-day ticket). The train is nothing special, but you’ll see some interesting people which was entertaining enough for us! Once you get into the city, there’s more shopping to do than you can fit into your day! We recommend thatyou take the trolly for quick transportation around the city! It’s free!
8. “Fish n Chips!” We aren’t exactly big fish eaters, but the “chips” (aka french fries) in Australia are to die for! You can go into a fish and chips shop and ask for a bag of chips. They will wrap it in paper and put salt on it. Made fresh to order!! You won’t be disappointed! If you like fish, you will also be in heaven!
9. Beach trails… If you’re in a beach town, there will be tons of trails leading to the beach, or trails with amazing ocean views! You can wake up early to see the sunrise at the sea-line or you can go see the sunset at night. You won’t be disappointed in the spectacular view of the sun rising or setting over the ocean!
10. Hiking at Bushrangers Bay
! If you go here in the evening you will see dozens of wild kangaroos! Parts of the trail overlook the ocean and there are steps leading down to the beach. Don’t forget your camera!!! If you’re lucky, you could get as close as a few feet away to a wild kangaroo! It’s an unforgettable sight to see! At the end of the long walk, you can either head down to the beach, or continue to see the Cape Schanck lighthouse. Read more