Do you have a smart phone? An iPhone or an Android? No matter which gadget you’re on, you can join in on the fun of the hottest photo sharing app in the market!
Instagram just released their (previously exclusive for iPhone) app for the Android phone just a few days before they were bought out by Facebook. This app is just getting bigger and bigger and more people are signing up and taking more shots… But what does this have to do with travel, you might ask…
Well, think of this scenario… You’re out with friends in your hometown and you see a beautiful sunset. You didn’t bring along your digital camera, but you have your iPhone. You take it out of your pocket, snap a shot of the sun setting behind the mountain in the distance, add a cool effect, and within seconds… millions of people can enjoy your photo and see where it was taken!
It’s an instant photo sharing app that will allow you to see the amazing things your friends are doing from all over the world. You not only indulge in unique photo ideas, but also travel inspiration!
Here are some fellow travelers that we follow:
@amzkiz – Amy & Kieron from Don’t Ever Look Back
@nomadicnotes – James Clark from Nomadic Notes
@ihartravel – Fidel Hart from Scene with a Hart
@travelbcouple – Geneva & Carlo from Travel Budget Couple
If you take part in the fun of Instagram, let us know in the comments!Read More
If you know me at all then you probably know that I (Laura) have been a vegetarian my whole life. People always ask me if I have a hard time finding things to eat while traveling. While I once had to live off of corn tortillas and refried beans for a week in Guatemala, I would have to say that for the most part traveling as a vegetarian is pretty easy.Read More
Having a hard time deciding what to bring in your carry-on? Stress no more! We have compiled a list of ten items you can bring on your next long flight.Read More
Whenever we go on a trip, we try to take part in some sort of activity or sport that we normally wouldn’t back at home. Here a few we have tried out:
In Australia we took surfing lessons at Point Leo, Victoria. It was so much fun and we caught quite a few good waves… Check out some photos:
Do you like our cute wetsuits?
There we are on the right learning some surf moves with our “beginner” group before heading out.
That’s Laura in the middle catching a huge wave. The sharks can’t catch us!
Here we are after becoming pros out there in those 40 foot waves. Notice our hat heads from our helmets.
Next time we plan on hanging ten ;)
In Tybee Island, Georgia we rented some awesome paddle boards. If you don’t know what a paddle board is, it looks like a surf board, except bigger and you usually don’t have to catch a wave to stand up. You stand and paddle! Check out our experience:
Here we are ready to go paddle boardin’… “Watch out, Ocean!”
Defying the seas. (Okay, it’s a lot harder than it looks)
After a few struggles and falls, we got back up again..
Paddlin’ away to the Pacific.
Yep, we went kayaking on Tybee Island, too!
This was a lot of fun!
This is our whole kayaking group.
See those green marshes in the background? Yeah… we kayaked through that ;)
Another time we went to Tybee Island we rented these awesome mopeds. It’s so fun to ride these around a little beach town/island like Tybee.
In Positano, Italy (favorite place we’ve ever visited, by the way), we rented a pedal boat! It was so fun to just pedal out to wherever we wanted, for example, this cave/cliff thing…
We thought about going into the cave but decided not to take any risks. Probably a smart choice.
Taking a break from pedaling to relax on our little boat in beautiful Italy.
In Australia we took a bush/beach horseback ride. Although our horses were very stubborn, it was one of the most amazing things we did in Australia! Here are some of our photos…
Along the gorgeous beach… we were slacking behind the rest of the group, as you can tell. Also we were the only ones on the beach… it was like our own beautiful private beach!
Through the bush. Check out that stunning view! No civilization in sight.
We had so much fun. A spectacular experience.
Some other Xtreme travel sports we enjoy…
Snorkeling, snow skiing, water skiing, wake boarding, fishing, boating, boogie boarding, hiking…
Some of our Facebook fans told us which Xtreme sports they enjoy…
Adam from Travels of Adam went skydiving over the Great Barrier Reef in Australia!
Leonnie also went skydiving in Darwin, Australia!
Shirlene from Idelish went ice climbing on a glacier in Alaska!Our Facebook page.
What Xtreme sports do you take part in while traveling?!Read More
Have you ever been sitting on the airplane, unable to fall asleep because you’re squished between a crying baby and a drooling older man? Well, we’re here to save you from that dreadful situation! Consider a few of these fun tips and activities while on your next flight!
- Always bring a fully charged MP3 player filled with your favorite songs and some noise-canceling headphones! Block out that loud engine sound and the obnoxious storyteller sitting in the row behind you!
- If you have a laptop, bring it along with a few of your favorite DVDs. You could even rent a movie from Redbox and return it when you land. They take returns at any destination! Movies always let time fly by faster.
- Bring along a good book. Once the crying baby falls asleep, there’s your signal to pull out the novel! If you’re not much of a book reader, try a magazine. Magazines are entertaining and there’s one for everyone! They are fun and up-to-date and they always keep us entertained whether it be the quizzes in the back of teen mags or interviews to make fun of!
- If you’re seated by the window, you can look out at the beautiful view and maybe do some cloud-watching, while listening to your iPod or just having some time to think about things and relax!
- If the person next to you is awake, try starting a conversation! You never know who you’ll meet on the airplane! Find out where they are traveling to and why. You could make a new friend, meet your soulmate, or just have an all-around interesting conversation!
- If you have a hobby such as knitting, drawing, writing, photography, etc… see if you would be able to do it on the airplane. Pull out the sketchbook or the journal and get to work! You can get a lot done on the airplane and you would be surprised. If you really like photography, take along your camera because, unlike most electronics, cameras can be used at anytime during flight! Take some shots of the view outside your window. Or you could pull out the laptop and edit some of your recently taken photos!
- Whatever you do, don’t look down at your watch while on the airplane. I promise it will only make the flight seem even longer. Just try to enjoy the flight and do as much as you can without worrying about time. Just think of it as time to relax and maybe get a few things done!
- As I’m sure most of you know, the food on the airplanes isn’t that great and not much at all. So, bring a few of your favorite snacks from home on your carry-on and munch on the snacks during the flight. It will keep you comfortable and you won’t be left hungry after your bag of peanuts!
- Take a walk around if you can. Airplanes often make your feet and legs restless and uncomfortable, so give them a break by standing up and walking around!
- Dress comfortably! Don’t wear your formal dress or scratchy jeans on the plane. If at all possible, wear some sweatpants and a t-shirt, especially on the long flights. If you’re worried about what you will look like when you get off, bring a change of clothes. That way you will be completely comfortable on the plane, and you’ll look even better when you get picked up at the airport!
We hope that these tips will help you on your next flight! Do you have any extra tips or advice for us or your fellow jetsetters? Comment below and share with us!Read More